Monday, April 1, 2013

Spring Break 2013

The first day of Spring Break, it was too cold to play outside, the neighborhood kids weren't around, and by 11am my girls were seriously... no, I mean seriously... driving me crazy. 
 We had to get out and about, so I texted a friend and got permission for us to hide Easter eggs in her yard as a surprise for her kiddos. Fun! We had something to do! We stuffed several dozen eggs with stickers and candy and headed out.
 
We had coupons for free ice cream cones, so we stopped to grab that treat after hiding those eggs.
 Later during Spring Break, I broke down and agreed to use the tie dye kit the girls had received for Christmas.
 I was pleasantly surprised with the process. It really wasn't too much of a mess. We initially just did shirts for the girls, but when there was leftover dye we grabbed a couple of pairs of white socks, and I grabbed a t-shirt for myself. I thought they looked pretty cute! We wore our new tie-dye shirts when we headed to the park for "family exercise".
I made sure to buy Audrey some new flip flops this Spring Break so that I wouldn't feel so bad when I finally insisted these much loved Hello Kitty shoes be thrown away. 
And Friday of Spring Break we headed to an "Eggstravaganza"  We did an egg/spoon relay first thing.
There were tears.
But the tears dried up and we hunted eggs. There *might* have been an egg hunting strategy session beforehand. 

Afterwards, we posed with "princesses" and rode horses!
 I'm so glad Julia conquered her fears from last year.
 

Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment