Monday, June 30, 2014

I hate Mondays

There's an extra pang of loneliness that hits me on Monday mornings as my husband gets ready and leaves for work. I felt it several years ago when the girls were still babies/preschoolers and now that we've moved my hatred of lonely Mondays is back. Don't get me wrong, one of the blessings in life I'm most grateful for is the opportunity I've had to stay home with my children, but I still really dislike the beginning of Matt's work week. This probably sounds extra whiny given that Matt's office days are only Monday-Thursday, but the beginning of those 4 days bothers me.  So be it.  

Here's how I saved my sanity last week...
We shoved uncooked spaghetti into bites of hot dog, boiled them, and served it for lunch. Julia happily prepped it but wouldn't eat it, Audrey thought it was ok with shredded cheese, and I thought it was bleh... It's appropriate for lonely Monday food to be 'bleh', don't you think?
We also decided to salt paint: Draw designs with white glue, sprinkle with salt, remove excess salt, and then paint with a food dye/water mix.
This project was easy peasy! It was also neat to watch the salt absorb the drops of color.
 How else to entertain on a lonely Monday?!? Well, the girls enjoy card games (and Go Fish, War, and Uno get old) so they learned a few more, Speed and 21 to be exact.  No worries, I didn't spend too much time this week teaching these girls to be card sharks. 
And the last no fail way to entertain for a few minutes... we break out a tea set and have a tea party outside.  
And then apparently bring a hamper full of toys outside too.
Last Monday turned out not to be too bad and this Monday I'm not feeling lonely at all! I'm visiting family in TN! YAY!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. love the view of her panties but seeing her cuntwould be nicer

    ReplyDelete