Friday, September 11, 2009

friends

I got to chat (via computer) with Katie Penny tonight. Thanks to facebook, I'm actually in touch with some of these people (definitely KTP included) that were once so very important to me. Yikes - that sounds almost as if I'm saying that these people are no longer important - which is untrue... they just aren't a part of my day to day life.
OK, so now that I've rambled... I got to chat with KTP tonight. She's so funny. So much quicker and more humorous than I have ever hoped to be. It was rather nice to laugh out loud and remember the wonderfulness of an old friend.
It sounds odd - but I just don't have many friends right now. Moving around every couple of years - and having matt in a church job where so many of the people you know view themselves as your employer limits the connections that are made. Plus there's the fact that we can't go anywhere that interferes with nap or bed time... The close girlfriends that I enjoyed having during high school and at MC just aren't apart of my life right now. Anyways, i don't want to totally complain. I'm crazy fortunate in life!!! I just wanted to share why it was so nice to talk with Katie.

No comments:

Post a Comment