Sunday, January 22, 2012

Turning 29 for the 2nd time??

Milestone birthdays (no matter how dreaded the birthday may be) should be commemorated with a few pictures, don't you agree?

Happy 30th birthday to me!

I probably shouldn't mention (but I will) that at 11:55 p.m. Friday night, as the clock steadily ticked towards the inevitable, I started crying. I don't like 30, I don't want to be 30. I figured tears would accompany this birthday, and I was right. It's silly, yes, but that's how it is. Now, on to better thoughts...

My mom came to visit this weekend. She came to celebrate my birthday, see Julia cheer, and to bring leftover Christmas presents that we just didn't have room for when we came back last month (our family has a history of being extra generous). Thank you, family!

A picture with cheerleader Julia and her very unqualified coach ;)


Ok, so my dear husband has been hassling me about turning 30 for over a year now. The first thing he said to me the morning of my 29th birthday was, "Welcome to the last year of your 20's!" He's been drawing attention to my gray hair for months, he's recently gotten the girls to refer to me as an old lady, and his Facebook status this week was "Trying to decide if it would be inappropriate to buy my wife's 30th b-day card from the "sympathy" section." So it's understandable that I would assume that the present pictured below would come from him.


But that present didn't come from Matt; it came from my mom. Thanks, Mom! Thanks so much... (sense the sarcasm)

After I opened presents, Audrey posed with me for a quick picture.

We hung out the rest of the afternoon and enjoyed dinner out that night. After dinner, I forced everyone to take pictures with me. I'm sure they just love it when I do that!

Me, the girls, and my mom

Me and Matt

Since Matt didn't bother to smile in that first picture, he had many more taken... including this closeup - YIKES!

Have I mentioned that I kind of like taking pictures of myself? Well, I do.


Ahh, now finally, let's talk about that vital part of any birthday celebration... the cake. My mom brought cupcakes with her when she drove down. She brought an assortment of flavors, but the kind I chose for myself was salted caramel. It was fabulous!

All in all, my 4th decade started marvelously.
Let's quickly count some blessings!
361. spending bday with my girls
362. spending bday with my husband
363. spending bday with my MOM! This was the first birthday spent with her since my 22nd!
364. Fun time cheerleading this week
365. Facebook birthday messages lighting up my page
366. Presents - lots of new clothes :) thanks!
367. Birthday cards- thank you!
368. Phone calls from family
369. Lazy Sunday afternoons for me and the girls.
370. People actually reading this far down my blog page. Thanks, and have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. I'll be joining you in the 30 s this Wednesday! Looks like you had a fun day. Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete