Sunday, March 28, 2010

Sick little Julia :(

Last night, around 11:15, Matt heard Julia coughing. He went into her room to check on her, and the next thing I heard was "OH!!!" I jumped up and ran to see what was wrong but was met in the hall by Matt and Julia rushing to the bathroom. She was throwing up. EWWWWW!

After she finished her episode we cleaned up her face, brushed her teeth, and put her hair in a ponytail (just in case!) Matt put a few layers of plastic grocery bags in a bucket and settled Julia and the bucket in our room to watch TV while he and I cleaned up.

When I walked in her room to strip her bed, I was reminded that the child had drunk red Kool-Aid at dinner. We NEVER have Kool-Aid in the house. Why, oh why, did we have to have it that night??? Anyways, there was dark pink throw up everywhere!

Sheets? check
Pillows? check
Comforter? check
Bedskirt? check
Floor? check

I stripped the bed, started a load of laundry, and grabbed the LYSOL! Matt grabbed the Resolve and got to working on the floor.

Julia continued to get sick every 20-25 minutes for the next 3 hours or so. I covered the bed sheets and pillows with towels so that if she got sick there would be less chance for her to mess up my sheets too! This wound up being a smart decision! Eventually, she started feeling a little better and I asked her if she wanted a cracker to eat. She said "yes" and got off the bed to go in the kitchen. I stopped her and told her she needed to eat in the bed. "WHAT??" She thought it was pretty funny that I commanded her to eat crackers (and consequently leave alot of crumbs) in my bed.

During the time in between Julia's episodes, I got to worrying (imagine that!) about Audrey. What if she got sick too?? The poor child would be scared out of her mind! And what if she was sleeping on her back when she got sick????? SO... I dug out a baby monitor and snuck into Audrey's room to set it up. Am I paranoid? yes.

Julia's stomach finally settled down in the 2 o'clock hour and the 3 of us fell asleep around 3. This morning, Julia's been JUST FINE!!! YAY! We did not go to church this morning even though Julia's acting better than ever. We slept in as much as the girls would allow us, enjoyed a lively breakfast as a family, and then gave Julia a much needed bath!

No comments:

Post a Comment