Saturday, November 14, 2009

I jumped the gun today

This afternoon, the girls and I headed out to the mailbox, and I was very disappointed by what was inside. A letter to Matt from the church who's "1st cut" he just made last week... the only church that geographically doesn't make me close my eyes and sigh with frustration. The letter was formal looking and obviously only 1 sheet. I knew exactly what it said. I didn't even have to open it. "Thanks, but no thanks."

I then stayed outside with the girls for another hour listening to music and helping them catch ladybugs. (YES, they were both willing to HOLD LADYBUGS... major step!) All the while we were playing, I was thinking long and hard. I was so very disappointed that Matt working at this church wasn't going to happen. Mostly, though, I was mad at myself for getting my hopes up. (And before I get anyone else's hopes up too - this church IS NOT located in west TN.) I know better than to get my hopes up, to imagine what life would/could be like in that location before things have progressed further than they had with this unnamed church. Still, excitement was rightthere and I could't help myself but to daydream.

Then the pitbull mix next door growled at Audrey. Yes, MAGGIE growled! She and I had a stare down/yell down b/c I thought I should try to show dominance. Anyways, we went inside! I cooked dinner and we ate in the living room (Florida played the 3:30 game... it was close... Matt wasn't going to be coming in the kitchen.) While we were eating, conversation came to that stupid letter Matt had received in the mail today. And - yep- I had assumed wrong. The letter wasn't actually "Thanks, but no thanks." It was "Thanks for applying - we're narrowing it down - any questions call." I'm stupid. I moped outside for a good hour for nothing. The church of MY choice is still a possibility. I don't know if it would be a good fit for Matt as a minister or for us as a family, but it's still my fave.

No comments:

Post a Comment