Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Over at the Mobley's

Audrey helping Mrs. Wanda roll dice


Julia wrestling Rachel


Snuggling with Michelle


YAY! Last night, we were able to break out from our hermit like existance and socialize with some good friends of ours, the Mobley's. The Mobley's are friends from our former church, and we hadn't seen them in a long while. While the adults hung out in the kitchen to talk and play games, Julia and Audrey played in the living room with their girls, Michelle and Rachel. I can only assume from the many squeals that a good time was had by all. I know that my girls think the world of Michelle and Rachel, and that we all miss seeing this family 2 or 3 days a week like we used to. I think it's wonderful to have such a fabulous teenager and preteen for my girls to be around and look to as role models.
As for the adults...gosh... it was just nice to feel like we had friends again! Not that we ever weren't friends with them or that we don't have other people we count as friends... it's just... well... I guess things often get pretty lonely around here.
The one negative of the night is that we wound up staying there until after 10:30. My girls typically start getting ready for bed at 8 and are tucked in by 8:20. There wasn't much whining last night since Julia and Audrey were both so excited to be over there. However, this morning the effects of our late night began to show. Audrey slept until 9:45 and went back down for a nap less than 4 hours later. Julia (Miss I think I'm too big for a nap) is currently in her room WHINING pitifully instead of resting. Of course, I guess that's not really all that unusual after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment