Sunday, September 12, 2010

Remembering the calm

I was close to tears tonight. They were right there swimming around; my eyesight got foggy and everything, but they didn't fall. I held them in.

It's amazing how quickly I can transport myself to a time passed. I was sitting here calmly looking at Facebook and was suddenly lurched into a memory of our old house... our home... Instead of sitting in this apartment, I could feel the memories of walking down the front path to our house. I could feel the brick as we sat outside waving at the schoolbus as it passed. I could hear the dogs (and squirrels) barking, the wind in the trees, and the sound of a bicycle and tricycle being ridden down the driveway. Gosh. Just typing that actually brought me to tears. No more of the close call I typed initially. The tears have sprung. Wow - there's even a physical ache in my chest... Am I the only one who tends to focus on yesterday? on what used to be? on what could have been?

Fortunately, I don't think I'll continue to wallow in pity tonight.

As I sat here "remembering" I searched the blog for old posts and fell upon this one. Breathing Easy should be bookmarked for me to read often. I focus on trivialities way too much!

My load is light and my struggles wonderfully few. Thank you, Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment